Skip to content
- Local Laws require that work done on buildings (except single family dwellings under 3,500 SF) be under the seal and signature of a licensed architect or engineer. If the work is minor, this requirement may be waived.
- Architects offer a wide range of services and require coordination of many people, including Owners, Clients, General Contractors (GC), and Consulting Engineers (CE).
- Client need and project types require different levels of services, therefore SCOPE OF WORK and FEES and will vary between architects and projects.
- In order to provide a proper fee, we must review the project to determine an accurate SCOPE OF WORK. The more information provided up front, the less chance for fee increases later.
- All projects require various services based on both SCOPE OF WORK and CLIENT
- This map illustrates the relationship of potential services required for a typical ground up project in relation to the construction process. Phases and time will vary per project.
- We will try to work with your timeline; however, design and construction require major coordination between many parties including the client. With so many variables the timing of services provided can never be guaranteed.
- Refer to SERVICE LIST for detailed descriptions of all services.
WHAT WE DO…
- Design Ground up buildings, additions, and renovations
- Interior Design
- Review, measure, document, and assess (E)existing conditions of buildings.
- Review and interpret code issues/zoning ordinances.
- Provide construction drawings for bidding and construction.
- Coordinate with Surveyors (FD-SUV), Civil engineers (CE-C), Electrical engineers (CE-E), Mechanical engineers (CE-M), Structural engineers (CE-S), and other outside consultants (CE) to assist in the design of your project.
- Review and communicate with (G.C.) General Contractor to assist in the construction of your project.
- Work on a broad range of commercial, residential, and industrial projects.
- Construction field reviews.
- Utilize 3-D BIM software.
WHAT WE DO NOT DO…
- Measure sitework, boundary lines, grade elevations, or locate utilities. This is required to be provided by a Licensed Surveyor (FD-SUV).
- Size Storm water detention/retention systems, underground pipes, and grading. This is required to be provided by a licensed Civil Engineer (CE-C).
- Size structure, including beams, footings, framing, etc. This is required to be reviewed by a Licensed Structural Engineer (CE-S)
- Electrical load studies, circuit/wire sizing, breaker sizing, AIC, and other electrical work. This is required be provided by a Licensed Electrical Engineer (CE-E).
- Size HVAC loads, ductwork, piping, etc. This is required to be provided by a Licensed Mechanical Engineer (CE-M).
- Make Blueprints: We draw the plans. They can be printed by most reproduction companies.