• Local Laws/Codes require that work done on buildings (except single family dwellings under 3,500 SF) be under the seal and signature of a licensed architect or engineer. If the work is minor, this requirement may be waived.
  • Client needs and project types require different levels of services, therefore SCOPE OF WORK (SOW) and FEES and will vary between architects and projects.
  • To provide a proper fee, we must create a SOW  based on upfront information and many assumptions.  Fees will vary based on new discoveries, information, or changes in the SOW during the project. The more information provided up front, the less chance for fee increases later.
  • Every project is unique and original and will require various services and coordination based on the  CLIENT’s level of participation.


  • Schematic Design (SD): ground up buildings, additions, and renovations, space planning
  • Field Documentation (FD): Review, measure, document, and assess (E)existing conditions of buildings.
  • Code Consulting: Review and interpret code issues/zoning ordinances.
  • Construction Documentation (CD): Provide construction drawings for permitting bidding and construction.
  • Coordinate Consultants: We coordinate with consultants (CE) to assist in the design of your project.
  • Construction Administration (CA): Review and communicate with General Contractor (GC) to assist in the construction of your project.   Construction field reviews.   
  • Project types: Work on a broad range of commercial, residential, and industrial projects.
  • Modeling/Rendering (SD-REN): We utilize 3-D BIM software to help provide visual representations of the project.


Outside Consultants and Engineers may be required for your project.

Outside Consultants and Engineers may be required for your project.

  • Surveyor (FD-SUV). Document (E) sitework, boundary lines, grade elevations, & locate utilities. 
  • Civil Engineer (CE-C):  Licensed to size storm water detention/retention systems, underground pipes, and grading. 
  • Electrical Engineer (CE-E): Licensed to size electrical loads, circuit/wire sizing, breakers, AIC, and other electrical work. 
  • Mechanical Engineer (CE-M): Licensed to Size HVAC loads, ductwork, piping, etc. 
  • Structural Engineer (CE-S): Licensed to size structure, including beams, footings, framing, etc.  
  • Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment: (CE-FFE): A specialized consultant may be required for your needs.
  • Interior Design (SD-INT): An interior designer will be required to select interior finishes and detailing
  • Printing (RP-D):   We do not ‘print plans.  We provide instruments of service for use during construction.  We can authorize plans that can be printed by most reproduction companies.


  • Graphic below illustrates the PHASES required for a typical project from conception to construction.   Phases required vary per project.  
  • Refer to SERVICE LIST for detailed descriptions of all services.
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close